Friday, June 22, 2012

How i ought not to be!


Its a pain that has been there all my life, a story that has been never towards happiness but survival, a part of my life that i ought not to respect but i cannot throw it away!

Yes, i feel jealous when i see happy families, loving couples leading a beautiful life with minor tiffs that just are a part and parcel of life and indeed are important for all the relationships to work forever. I feel neglected when i see children calling 'Home sweet home' with a content family, a doting father and an independent and loving mother who shower all the love if not money.
I have got time from my parents, but what is the use? They never have given me a space that i call our own. I am not allowed to speak whatever comes into my mind, there's no open forum that many of my friends and their families have. Yes, i love my parents, but its more out of respect and duty towards them as the only child of the family, their only daughter.
                                                                              

OKAY, may be i was at fault that i could not have the love i see in other families but what about their own? Between them? There haven't been one single day that they haven't fought or have not criticised each other, whether as an individual, man v/s woman, or simple daily incidents related to cooking, eating, going out and what not. They don't need a reason to start a fight, a reason of not making a coffee early in the morning, has my appa with extreme tempers even while amma does not feel well. If a day goes without fighting, expect it to be the lull before the storm. I have always imagined a time when there would not be any fighting, any violence, prayed to thousands of lords and gods and goddesses in all the temples, even at my place, even begged both of them to stop it atleast for my sake, but the time when they say, they will be happy only if one of them goes away forever, either 'death' or divorce or mutual separation after i am settled is a thing that has never let me settle in what most people call, 'Home sweet home'. Every day, i get up with a thought that please, let everything be alright, happy and healthy but i tremble with fear and helplessness when mornings begin with fights that start for the sake of it! There have been very few days in a month where i get up with a smile and an assurance that they would be happy with each other even if they are not happy with me.


One of my greatest desires in life is to see both happy, healthy always and caring towards each other, without unwanted shouts and violence that seems to have no boundaries but alas, no luck, nothing seems to work.
From the time, i began to understand the world, i dreamt of a perfect family, but i have a family that is next to imperfect, i have no issues, i am happy, i just want them to respect each other if not LOVE!

So, i know for sure, how i ought not to be and i desire a life partner, not a life threat. I await a life full of happiness and true promises, a home that i can call my very own, a life that i can share with no fears and tears!

2 comments:

  1. i m still numb... I do not know what to say.. ;(

    ReplyDelete
  2. what u wrote in this one... has become pretty common in most households... parents want to force there rules and regulations on us...

    i mean
    raat ko jaldi sona
    raat ko msg nahi karna
    ye aise karna
    ye waise karna
    life hai ya rules regulations ki book...

    apni caste community me apne parents ki marzi se shaadi karke they are not so happy... I mean most couples... still they want us to maary with their choice...
    they dnt realize... for living happily all life with someone, caste culture hardly matters if love and trust is not there....
    if there is love and trust between two people,
    "nothing else matters"

    its high time there should be a rebel
    rules are ought to be change....

    after we kids are married our parents hardly have concern for us... so how would it matter with whom we are married...

    talking bout society,
    society is all crap and bullshit
    its like we either live happily, or we worry bout society and screw our lives...

    Its like everyone says "log kya kahenge"
    arre log 2 din kahenge fir chup ho jaenge...
    unhe 2 din baad koi aur mil jaega bolne ke liye...
    but aage ki zindagi u have to live....

    Ek age tak its ok... But parents should realize that we are matured enough to take our own decission...

    I love my parents a lot... and i can never forget what they've done for me... And i know i would do a lot for them...
    But that does not mean i lose my independence or identity...

    ReplyDelete